Dr. Robert Jason Grant is a licensed Professional Counselor, National Certified Counselor, and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor. He owns and operates the Robert Jason Grant Ed.D AutPlay Therapy Clinic.
Dr. Grant specializes in working with children, adolescents, and families, including working with neurodivergent children (autism, ADHD, sensory differences, learning disorders, and developmental disabilities). He is the creator of AutPlay® Therapy, an integrative family play therapy approach. He is also a Certified Autism Movement Therapy and trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy, a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder/trauma related therapy for children and adults.
Dr. Grant is an international speaker and keynote presenter having presented for the American Counseling Association, Association for Play Therapy, American Mental Health Counselors Association, and The World Autism Congress. He is a multi-published author of several articles, book chapters, and books including the following titles:
- AutPlay® Therapy for Children and Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum
- Play-Based Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Understanding sensory Differences: A Neurodiversity Affirming Guidebook for Children and Teens
- Understanding Autism: A Neurodiversity Affirming Guidebook for Children and Teens
- Understanding ADHD: A Neurodiversity Affirming Guidebook for Children and Teens
- AutPlay® Therapy Play and Social Skills Groups: A Ten Session Model
- Play Therapy Theories and Perspectives: Diversity of Thought in the Field
Dr. Grant is currently serving as the chair on the board of directors for the Association for Play Therapy. He is also a part time instructor in the Play Therapy Certificate program at Mid America Nazarene University (MNU). Dr. Grant is also a Certified Life Coach through the PeopleKeys® program and provides life coaching, consultations, and play therapy supervision services. He is also a Board Certified Telepractice Specialist providing therapy and coaching through tele processes. You can read more about these specific services on the coaching and consultations page.
For speaking, training, and consultation inquires, you may call Dr. Grant (417)-755-9042 for more information. You may also email Dr. Grant at [email protected] Note: email, phone, and social media correspondence is not typically an encrypted nor HIPAA compatible means of transferring and sharing information you might want kept confidential.