AutPlay Therapy Certification Training (Middle Village, New York)
Instructor: Tracy Turner-Bumberry, LPC, RPT-S, CAS
2 Day Intensive (14 Contact CE Hrs, 2 Non-Contact CE Hrs)
Friday April 5th and Saturday April 6th, 2019, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: HHC for Personal Growth and Healing, Middle Village, New York
Required Reading: AutPlay Therapy for Children and Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum: A Behavioral Play-Based Approach by Robert Jason Grant
Description: This is a two-day intensive certification training. This training focuses on teaching the AutPlay Therapy treatment approach, a play therapy and behavioral therapy approach to working with children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder, neurodevelopmental disorders, and other developmental disabilities. An overview of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders will be presented. The tenets of AutPlay Therapy will be presented including the four component areas of AutPlay and the phases of treatment. Parent/family training, and research will be highlighted. Intake and assessment protocols will be presented with case examples. AutPlay foundations of play therapy and behavioral therapy will be covered and several directive play therapy techniques will be demonstrated. Experiential case conceptualization and treatment planning will be presented.
Once you have registered for the training, you will be emailed a pre-training form with a few instructions before your two-day in-person training. This includes instructions for purchasing and reading the AutPlay book prior to your training. The book reading is worth 2 non-contact CE Hrs.
1) Learn the components of AutPlay including: conducting an AutPlay Therapy session, screening instruments, assessment, and treatment planning.
2) Gain an overview of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders including play challenges and strengths.
3) Understand the theoretical underpinnings of AutPlay including play therapy models and behavioral therapy.
4) Discuss the six treatment target areas of AutPlay Therapy.
5) Experience and learn several structured play therapy interventions used in AutPlay.
6) Review working with and training parents/family as co change agents in treatment.
7) Learn about the AutPlay Follow Me Approach developed for children with more severe impairments.
8) Define dysregulation struggles and participate in several play therapy regulation interventions.
Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals: This training is approved for 14 contact CE hrs applicable to the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the Association for Play Therapy (APT), and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate).
The independent AutPlay book reading portion of this training is approved for 2 non-contact CE Hrs applicable to the Association for Play Therapy (APT), and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate).
Attendees wishing to receive NBCC, APT, or IBCCES continuing education hours must meet the guidelines established by these organizations. This training is relevant for Registered Play Therapists, Licensed Counselors, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Psychologists, School Counselors, Certified Counselors, and other Mental Health Professionals.
Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Special Education Teachers, Parents and other professionals in case management, education, and medical fields working with children and adolescents with autism disorders and other neurodevelopmental disorders may register for and attend an AutPlay Certification Training to enhance their knowledge and skill levels but do not receive Mental Health CE Hrs. These professionals will receive a certification signifying completion of 14 contact and 2 non-contact training hours.